This website contains links to third party websites that may collect information from you. We are not responsible for any third-party websites.
We collect and store our clients’ personal/professional details (name, address, contact details, employment or professional details, education/training details/qualifications, financial details, and any other opinion about the client or information from which client can be identified that client provides us with. We primarily do this when a client submits an online enquiry via our website, or if a client communicates with us directly, either in person or in other forms of communication (including but limited to in writing, telephone, online and social media).
Purposes of collecting client information may indirectly or directly related to any of the following:
- so that our educational counsellors, registered migration agents/lawyers and/or other staff can provide the best possible advice and a service that a client seeks/requested from us;
- to facilitate our professional relationship or otherwise to communicate with you;
- to manage the proper functioning of this website and for technical support;
- to improve the provision of our services;
- for our administrative or accounting purposes, for example, to track payments from clients or refund payments to our clients;
- to verify client’s identity;
- to investigate complaints; or for any other purpose made known to our clients at the time of collection.
Please note that clients do not have to provide us with their personal information. However, ability to provide a better service to our clients will be seriously limited without certain personal information from clients.
STORAGE, USE AND DISCLOSURE
- Pride International stores clients’ that we are no longer required by law to keep. personal information in its own secure and encrypted databases, with secure and encrypted third party storage providers, as well as hard copy files. We take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is protected against unauthorised access or loss.
- The Australian migration laws requires our registered migration agents to store client details and associated documentation for a minimum of five (05) year period.
- We do not share information about our clients with anyone except in response to subpoenas or for other legal reasons. The law permits us to share information about our current and former customers with government agencies or authorized third parties under limited/certain circumstances. For example, we may be required to share such information in response to subpoenas or to comply with certain laws.
- We strive to protect your data and safeguard it from unauthorized individuals and entities.
- We do not share information about our former clients with anyone except in response to subpoenas or for other legal reasons.
- If/when we have to share client information with a third party, we will seek appropriate consent from clients.
- We may use client information to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing, however, clients will be able to opt-out of any direct marketing at any time.
- We securely destroy or de-identify information
- Access: Clients can request access to their personal information under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) (FOI Act) at any time in writing. Such requests will be dealt with and may be subject to payment of a fee. Please contact us using the contact details below. Proof of identity will be sought.
- Corrections: If a client feel that their personal information held by us are inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, under the FOI Act, client can request us for immediate correction of those erroneous details using the contact details below (proof of identity must be provided).
- Overseas transfer of data: Pride International maintains overseas branches and partnerships in several countries and thus we might have to share information of some clients with our overseas staff (depending on the nature of client requests) for our administrative purposes. Such share of client information will use secure third-party online communication or cloud-based storage services/providers. Since, those servers/providers are based in overseas jurisdictions, it is impractical to specify the jurisdictions and fall their internal data protection protocols.
- Complaints: If there is a complaint/concern on any matter, clients are encouraged to contact us in writing using the contact details below. Pride International will try its best to resolve such complaints within a reasonable time. If clients are still happy, they may take matter to mediation via a recognised external dispute resolution scheme (for further information you visit, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – https://www.oaic.gov.au/; Australian Competition and Consumer Commission –https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-protection/where-to-go-for-consumer-help; Commonwealth Ombudsman – https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/)
- Contact: All enquiries, notices and complaints concerning client information should be sent to:
- Pride International
538-540 Swanston Street
Carlton 3053 VIC Australia
Tel: +61 3 9037 4051
Email: [email protected]